ASES (After School Education and Safety)
The ASES Program is...
- A place for children in grades K through 8 to participate in many learning opportunities, have fun and develop self-confidence in a supervised environment
- A safe place to be after school with caring, responsible adults and engaging activities that connect each child to his/her school, family, and community.
- Program objectives:
- Provide homework assistance.
- Provide recreation and enrichment activities.
- Provide opportunities for social and emotional development.
- Provide opportunities for parent contributions to their child's school achievement.
SES Program Schedule:
- Monday through Friday after school until 6:00 p.m. This includes after school on Short Thursdays and Minimum Days until 6:00 p.m.
- Students MUST attend every day for the entire time: 5 days for minimum
- Program is only open after school with 180 days of child care during school year
- NO HOLIDAY care is provided.
In the event that a program has a waiting list, preference will be given to students who can attend the full programuntil 6 p.m. The Early Release Policy is not intended for the daily early departure of students. Families may use the early release policy sporadically. The misuse of the early release policy may result in dismissal from program.
Components and Daily Schedule
(Kindergarten children are picked up from classroom)
- 15 minutes Snack
- 30 minutes Guided Physical Activity
- 60 minutes Homework Assistance
- 40 minutes Literacy/Math Activities
- 35 minutes Enrichment
- Adults must sign children out with a complete signature and correct time
ASES Program Contact Information (pending)
- Youth Specialist: Patrisia Valdez
- Program Supervisor: (TBD)
- Bobbi Wannamaker
Supervisor, Extended Learning Programs
ASES/Alhambra Afterschool Adventures. Terry Jaurequi, Director of Ed. Services & Staff Development (626) 943-3540