The Board of Education approved a mandatory School Uniform Policy for all kindergarten through grade 8 students beginning September 1996. This decision was strongly supported by a parent survey. Students are expected to wear uniforms daily. Non-uniform days will be announced. Please note that on such days, students are expected to dress according to district standards with no prohibited attire.
- Color: Navy blue or khaki.
- Black is not permitted.
- Style: Fitted at the waist or elastic waist.
- Fabric: Twill, cotton or cotton blend, polyester blend, corduroy; sweat materials are not acceptable; denim material is not acceptable.
- Pants must fit at the waist and must not be more than 2 inches larger than waistline.
- Must not be low cut, tight fitting or too baggy.
- Holes, fringe/shredded not permitted.
- Walking shorts must be at least mid-thigh and may not extend below the knee.
- Pants or shorts must be hemmed and may be cuffed or un-cuffed.
- Baggy leg pants and bicycle shorts are not allowed.
- Blue jeans are not permitted.
Jackets/Coats/Sweaters/Cardigans/Sweatshirts (pullover or zipper style):
- Color: Navy blue, white or school color.
- Note: May only be worn over uniforms; shirts/blouses are not acceptable as outerwear
- Jackets/coats worn only outside (not in class) must conform to general Appearance/Dress Standards
- Color: Navy blue or khaki
- Black is not permitted
- Style: Fitted at the waist or elastic waist
- Fabric: Twill, cotton or cotton blend, polyester blend
- Denim material is not permitted
- Note: Length must be mid-thigh (bottom of fingertips to mid calf)
- Color: Navy blue, white or school color (maroon)
- Style: Polo, turtleneck, short or long sleeves
- Note: All shirts and blouses must have collars and sleeves
- T-Shirts are not permitted
- Shoes must follow District Dress Standards
- Optional articles of attire will follow the present District Dress Standards
- Scout uniforms may be worn on meeting days
- Students are expected to wear uniforms daily except for site designated school spirit days.
- No tank tops, no bike shorts/leggings, no baggy pants, no short shorts/skirts, no mid-calf shorts, and no sweat pants.
- Gang-related attire, clothing which depicts tobacco/alcohol products, inappropriate messages/graphics, baggy clothing, tight or low-cut clothing, and no bare-midriff clothing.
- Baggy pants definition: waistline "more than 2 inches larger than the natural waist"
- Shoes, clothing, hairstyle, jewelry, or make-up which are distracting or unsafe are not permitted.
- Open footwear such as thongs, sandals, go-aheads, backless or soft-soled shoes (jellies) are unacceptable.
- Be clean and neat, i.e. no big holes in pants.
- Colored glasses are not acceptable at school, except in emergency medical situations with written permission.
- Caps and hats are not to be worn in the classroom.
- Make-up: light use of cosmetics and nail polish in light colors (not red, brown, black, etc.) are permitted in seventh and eighth gra